Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Driving through Quintana Roo

Lots of different things in the Mexican countryside. No beheadings, kidnappings or drug cartel activity. As far as I can tell, that is overblown by the media. In a 4 hour drive, the shadiest thing I witnessed was that vendors will sell things near the ever-present speedbumps. Compared to your typical American panhandler washing your windshield at a red light, it is really nothing.

Bus stops. These are everywhere.


Interesting local architecture.

Horses wandering everywhere (look by the base of the left tower).

The font on the road signs appears to be Charcoal so I think the Mexican Department of Transportation may still be using Mac OS 8.



This town is ready for Christmas! I wonder if this town has ever had snow. I guess that doesn't mean that they can't have a snowman.



By the way, Buster Rent-a-Car was very cool and very convenient. I rented the car in Playa del Carmen and it was cheap but got me where I was going (and back). They had great reviews on the internet and there were no hassles about trying to scam me on the condition of the car or anything like that.

No comments: