Friday, August 6, 2010

Great Great Great Grandpa Cahill

I've been searching online for pictures of Uriah Cahill, my great-great-great grandfather, with no luck. So I took a trip to Union County and found him right in front of the court house. Now, to figure out which one he is (likely one of the ones in the front row based on his various positions with G.A.R. and being county commissioner).


I also found his brother on the war memorial:


Cahill Road, which is where the old Cahill farm used to be:


The tall trees on the right appear to be where the house once stood:

4 comments:

Ballentine said...

Very COOL!

Anonymous said...

Looking for my Cahill great grandpa - could it be this clan in Union County - sounds like you have done a lot of geneology work or have a great family bible tradition in your Cahill family. Is your work available on internet?

Your picture of Cahill Road really grab my attention.

Cliff Cahill-Columbus, Ohio

Anonymous said...

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map/US/180668/A+J++Blake++Isaac+Cahill++Richwood++Camp++Randall++Lyon++Barnes/

this Isaac Cahill does not seem to be the Cahill of the Cahill Rd - which Cahill is the property you reference at the corner of Cahill Rd and Storm Rd, ie you picture of road sign

Derek said...

Sorry, I just saw your comment now after all these months. I have everything back to the early 1700s on ancestry.com.

Isaac Cahill is related to us but we aren't 100% certain how. I believe he is a brother of Uriah. Uriah named his son (who is my great great great grandfather) Isaac, presumably after him.