Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Family Visit to Ohio

While the entire family was in Ohio, we decided to take Lorelai (and my mom) on the train through the national park again. Once again, this was a big hit.


On Father's Day, we surprised my dad by taking him to Kent. For those not aware, he graduated from Kent in 1971 so this was a trip back to an old stomping ground. While my dad was having his picture made in front of the Venice (the bar where he celebrated his 21st birthday), Angie was showing Lorelai how to smile for the camera at the Pufferbelly. We had brunch at the Pufferbelly which (in 1967) was the train station he used when going to and from home.


At my grandfather's funeral, we met Colleen Cahill. She works at the Library of Congress and has a huge collection of old family photos. This picture is Lillian Cahill. I need to get final confirmation but I believe this is my grandfather's grandmother (the picture is dated 1902) which would make her my great-great grandmother.

1 comment:

Ballentine said...

That's right about Lillian (that is what Colleen told us at the lunch).

What a great post! Love it, and that picture of you and Lorelai is amazing!